Creative Art Workshop

On Wednesday 6th December parents were invited to school to observe and participate in creative arts lessons.

They were able to witness children taking part in activities that developed a range of skills using all kinds of media.

The younger children in the school were preparing for the festive season by making decorations whereas the older children were drawing, designing, painting and printing. The feedback from parents was extremely positive. They found it to be an informative and enjoyable opportunity to work alongside their children in the context of the classroom.

Here are a few comments from parents;

‘The art session was very interesting and fun for the children.  The children seemed very engaged and happy.  The only thing I would suggest is perhaps more time to explore.  It was very nice to engage with everyone.’

‘I really enjoyed going around the classrooms and seeing what arts and crafts they were all doing.  I was very impressed with how teachers explained to the children what they were doing and I was really happy to join in.  I will definitely come again next time.’

‘Great way of interacting with our children.  Brilliant to see them at class and how creative they can be.’

‘Really enjoyed going into all the classes where the kids were working.  Kids loved it.  It was lovely insight to what the kids are learning.’

‘I really enjoyed the session today, working with my child and seeing him work really nice.  I would love to come again.’

‘What a lovely afternoon!  I had a amazing time watching and participating with my children in Year 1 & Year 5.  Thank you for facilitating this and I look forward to more afternoons like this.’

‘To see that my daughter in Nursery is happy, made me very happy.  Thank you for this good event.’