Creative Writing Competition Workshop

Our Creative Writing Competition is in full swing and many children have already submitted their stories and poems linked to the 2019 theme The Clothes I Am. Year 5 were incredibly lucky to have an inspiring workshop with poet Adisa who shared a wealth of knowledge about writing poetry and encouraged the pupils to contribute with their original ideas. We can’t wait for the influx of amazing poems from Year 5 children in the next few days! The competition deadline is 29th of March 2019.

‘It was funny and he taught us that you should take negative comments and turn them into a positive ones. He also taught us how we can express ourselves through poetry about the clothes we wear.’ (Yaqub)

‘It was a great workshop and I learnt that not all poems have to rhyme but they have to express your feelings and what makes you who you are.’ (Mariam)

‘ It was a fantastic workshop and I learned that through clothing you are your own person and no one can tell you what to wear. I also learnt how to write a poem that allows me to express myself.’ (Mohamed)