On 22nd March 2017 Nursery had an exciting day out at the Natural History Museum to look at the dinosaurs!!
We had an amazing time at the dinosaur gallery exploring some of the world-famous dinosaurs. We looked at dinosaur fossils, skeletons and a skull of a Triceratop. We even come face-to-face with a roaring T. rex, which proved to be very popular with both adults and children. The trip was a memorable experience, and children were able to name some of the dinosaur skeletons they saw and link it to their previous learning.
Parents accompanied us to make this trip a huge success, so a massive thank you to all!
Younes ” I not scared”
Mujaheed ” This is a Triceratop”
Ya-Qi ” I like the trip, it is fun”
Did you know…..
- The word dinosaur comes from the Greek language and means ‘terrible lizard’.
- Dinosaurs ruled the Earth for over 160 million years.
- The longest dinosaur was Seismosaurus, which measured over 40 metres, this is as long as five double-decker buses.
- The heaviest dinosaur was Brachiosaurus at 80 tonnes. This is equivalent to 17 African Elephants. –
- One of the largest meat-eaters ever unearthed in Europe, is the Baryonyx